Using your HostGator coupon and the next step
So you have decided to go ahead and pick HostGator to host your website, excellent! You may have also picked out a domain name for your website or online business. Personally I like to get all my domain names from Namecheap because they are reasonably priced with an easy to navigate interface. For this reason this tutorial will show you how to transfer your DNS from Namecheap to your HostGator account.
The first step you want to do is log into your HostGator account. If you do not have a HostGator account go get one for 1 cent with coupon code 1PENNYMONTH2012. The details for your log in to your control panel were sent to your email when you signed up with the coupon codes listed on the main page. Once you have logged in it should look similar to this picture.
Once you have logged into your control panel on HostGator scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. On the left hand side, you will see your HostGator account information. In this block the name servers are listed. Copy these down because you will need these in a later step. This is what they will look like.
The last steps are very simple.
- Log into your Namecheap account.
- Next to “Number of domains in your account” click on View.
- Select your domain name that you want to point to your HostGator account.
- On the left hand side, click on Transfer DNS to Webhost
- Select the radio button “Specify Custom DNS Servers”
- Enter the name servers that you copied from HostGator and select save changes.
That is it! Congratulations you have pointed your domain name to your HostGator account. Now all you have to do is log into your HostGator account and add your domain to start creating your website or online business.